A bespoke Cut Films project on secondhand smoking funded by Southwark Public Health working with young people in schools & youth organisations across Southwark.
Southwark cut films
We’re asking the young people of Southwark to enter our short film competition to highlight the dangers of passive smoking and the importance of smokefree places.
We are offering free support through filmmaking and anti-tobacco workshops.
You can book anti-smoking workshops as one day sessions or over a longer period of time between 3-8 workshops of between 1-3 hours. Check out the type of sessions we offer here.
Southwark Cut Films competition dates 2017-2018
FRI 18 MAY, 2018
SAT 19 MAY, 2018
June 1, 2018
June 21, 2018 (TBC)
the film competition
If you’re under 25 and live in Southwark, we want you to:
- Make a film on the dangers of passive smoking and the importance of smokefree places
- Research it
- Script it
- Film it
- Edit it
- Upload it to the Cut Films website under Southwark by 18 May 2018
- Share it and vote for it!
The film that wins the competition will best show the dangers of passive smoking and the importance of smokefree places and we recommend that it:
- Be no longer than two minutes
- Entrants must be under 25 years old
- Be new & original
- Be artistic & creative
- Not include young people smoking real cigarettes
We highly recommend the groups are no larger than six.
The judging criteria for Southwark can be found by clicking here.