Smoking is an addiction.
Read and download our Cut Films facts on how you can become addicted to tobacco.
- Addiction is not having control over doing something to the point where it could be harmful to you.
- Nicotine is found in tobacco leaves. It is the drug in cigarettes that makes them addictive.
- Experts say nicotine is as an addictive drug as heroin or cocaine.
- 2/3 of smokers want to quit but the success rate for quitting is very low. This shows how addictive smoking can be.
- 50% of lung cancer patients who have undergone surgery will keep on smoking afterwards.
“I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.”
Samuel L. Jackson