Lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer in the world, read how in some cases it can be prevented.
Smoking and Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer is the most common cancer in the world.
- In the UK, it’s estimated that 85% of lung cancer cases are caused by smoking.
- 35,895 people died from lung cancer in the UK in 2014.
- Over 45,000 people are diagnosed with lung cancer a year.
- 120 people are diagnosed with lung cancer every day.
- Current smokers are 15x more likely to die from lung cancer than life-long non-smokers.
- If you start smoking before the age of 15, you might be twice as likely to develop lung cancer.