Smoking is bad for your health..……
Don't take our word for it, find out more and make a film about it with our pretty film making guide.
Here's some facts from ASH to get you started...
- Every year, over 100,000 smokers in the UK die from smoking related causes.
- About half of all regular cigarette smokers will eventually be killed by their addiction.
- 10 million adults smoke cigarettes in Great Britain. A sixth of the population.
- Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 chemical compounds.
- People who smoke between 1 and 14 cigarettes a day have eight times the risk of dying from lung cancer compared to non-smokers.
- Teenage smokers experience more asthma and respiratory symptoms, suffer poorer health, have more school absences and are less fit.
- It is estimated that globally 600,000 deaths a year are caused by secondhand smoke.
- Smokers are more likely to develop facial wrinkles at a younger age and have dental hygiene problems.
Yep, not great reading is it? Do some thing about it. Make a film and share it with your mates.